Post Date: 08/13/2019
Close Date: 09/06/2019
Are you interested in learning and gaining exposure to the many facets of a philanthropy department and how this work aligns donor interests to our mission to build a future where nature and people thrive? Do you like a fast-paced environment and managing diverse administrative activities and projects? Does the idea of interacting with a wide range of people including donors, trustees, finance and legal professionals and colleagues at a global organization intrigue you? Our Philanthropy Coordinator position could be your next career move!
In this administrative support position, you will be responsible for various fundraising activities including drafting correspondence and acknowledgements, processing and recording gifts, and tracking pledges. You’ll have the opportunity to address questions from our members, assist with planning special events for prospects and supporting the Director of Philanthropy with scheduling and meeting logistics. You will also help plan, manage and executive the philanthropy field trip program in partnership with one of our associate philanthropy directors.
In case you’re not familiar, The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
As a leader in Oregon’s conservation community, our team of scientists and problem solvers protects and restores the iconic landscapes and inspiring locations that define our great state. From working to reduce the severity of fires in our forests and designing our clean water future to developing innovative technologies with fisherman and ranchers that sustainably protect both nature and livelihoods, The Nature Conservancy is building a future where people and nature thrive together.
The is a fulltime, 35 hours per week, nonexempt position with a hiring range of $24.48-26.01 per hour.
• Bachelor’s degree and 1-year experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience in writing, editing, and proofreading.
• Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
• Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
Some desired qualifications:
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
• Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
• Ability to write and edit written materials for use with donor solicitations, member communications, and special events.
• Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles & practices.
• Experience working with databases, including managing and tracking data.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent customer services skills and focus.
Interested in finding out more?
Review the full description and application link here (https://bit.ly/2OSaHr3) or visit www.nature.org/careers and enter job ID 47916 in the keywords search.
Applications must be submitted by 8:59 PM PT on September 6, 2019 to be considered.
Complete details: https://bit.ly/2OSaHr3