Post Date: 05/10/2019
Close Date: 05/24/2019
TITLE: Peer Support Specialist STP
DEPARTMENT: Parole Transition Program
HOURS: Monday-Wednesday, 3:00pm-11:30pm
Saturday & Sunday, 7:00am-3:30pm
WAGE: $16.22/Per hour
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
SUMMARY: The Stabilization for Treatment Program Peer Support Specialist works independently and as a member of a team to provide community and home/facility-based health, recovery, and housing support services to individuals who are chronically homeless whose health and mental health. The Peer Support Specialist will escort and provide transportation clients to initial post-detox treatment episodes, primary care providers, parole or probation appointments, twelve-step meetings, and other outside support meetings. The Peer Support Specialist will work with STP/DCJ/MHASD case management staff and supervisor.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Certified recovery mentor, peer support specialist, community health worker, or peer wellness specialist certification or the ability to obtain within one year.
3. Experience with issues involving addiction required.
4. If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
5. Flexible work schedule required, including some evening and weekend work.
6. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. The cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
7. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
8. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
9. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
10. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform assigned tasks.
11. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
12. Must adhere to the agency’s non-discrimination policies.
13. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients who have diverse ethnic or cultural backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, lifestyles, and sexual orientation and treat each person with respect and dignity.
14. Must not actively be on parole or probation.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/