Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Part-Time, Pro-Rated Benefits
20-25 hours per week
Morrison is seeking a Cook to work in a commercial kitchen serving youth in residential care. The program, located in Downtown Portland, has the benefit of an onsite garden, great hours, and menu creativity!
Primary duties and Responsibilities
• Organize, prepare, and serve complete meals as specified by the menu. Specific meals for diets and special occasions to be prepared as required.
• Maintains sanitation procedures and requirements in compliance with Oregon Health Codes and Department of Education regulations.
• Maintains cooperative and supportive working relationships with food service and program staff.
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• 1 year experience cooking in an industrial kitchen, required.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish language written, read and spoken preferred.
• English language required written, read and spoken.
• Blood borne Pathogens training is required on first day of employment.
• Food handler’s card is required.
• Must pass criminal history check.
• Must meet agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range:
Cook: $13.00 - $13.83
Cook (Bilingual): $14.17 - $15.07
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients.
Click here to apply:
If viewing through Indeed.com go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Cook” and click: "APPLY FOR JOB"
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/cook/