Post Date: 12/12/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Equity and Inclusion Coordinator
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
240-Day Work Year (July through June)
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be the one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your application.
General Description of the Position
The Equity and Inclusion Coordinator will serve as a key resource and change agent by facilitating Clackamas ESD’s strategic priority of infusing equity into all of its programs and work. The position collaborates in the design and implementation of staff development and programs that address how to demonstrate equity and inclusion in all district work and services to children, families and community. The Equity Coordinator supports the ESD and all school districts in Clackamas County in the implementation and operationalization of equity lens tools to ensure resources are directed towards the elimination of opportunity gaps for students in Clackamas County schools. The Coordinator also serves to improve and integrate culturally responsive instruction in district and ESD supported professional development activities. The position coordinates across departments and districts to plan, support and facilitate ongoing equity and inclusion training to support the achievement of equitable student outcomes and the enrichment of school experiences for diverse student and family groups, including but not limited to, students who identify as Latino or Latina, African American, Asian and Asian American, differently-abled, English Language Learners, LGBTQ+, Muslim, and students placed in Special Education.
Human Resources Department
The Human Resource Services Department supports the Clackamas ESD mission by recruiting, selecting, supporting, and retaining a highly qualified and diverse staff. Human Resource Services takes pride in sustaining collaborative working relations with the district's employee associations.
Essential Functions - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver equity professional development to a variety of audiences at CESD to include staff at all organizational levels.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver equity professional development services to the 10 school districts in Clackamas County. This includes both customized curriculum and presentations to meet the needs of component school districts, other education partners, and internal programs/departments.
- Develop and implement strategies and programming to promote equitable outcomes in collaboration with district and ESD leaders, school administrators, teachers, social service providers, families, caregivers, and other community members.
- Develop and implement strategies and supports to motivate ESD and district staff to develop skills and attitudes that support inclusive student, family, and community engagement and success.
- Provide support to CESD leadership and ESD employees on issues of race equity, intersectionality and inclusion in programs, departments, and policies.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing and delivering equity and inclusion training to adults in an educational setting or equivalent.
- Experience working with underrepresented students and families serving the needs of a diverse student and community population.
- Effective training strategies, techniques, equipment and materials used in public developing and delivering equity and inclusion training.
- Adult Learning Theory and elements of effective coaching.
- The ethnic, cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic diversity of the populations served by the ESD and district.
- People and process management skills including problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Oregon state equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Culturally responsive methods and procedures for use in classroom instruction.
- Design, implement, monitor and evaluate culturally relevant equity training programs, in compliance with research, best practices, and District policies and guidelines.
- Conduct research, analyze data and prepare recommendations for training programs’ development or modification.
- Coach and train adult learners with multiple viewpoints, understanding and comfort with the subject matter.
- Develop effective communications strategies for a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multilingual population.
- Communicate a culture of equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate the highest levels of professional conduct, including but not limited to integrity, honesty, confidentiality, and equity.
Clackamas Education Service District
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Continuous recruitment until vacancy is filled
Starting Salary: Based on highest level of education and prior years of applicable experience
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health insurance including HRA options, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance, with district-paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, sick leave, [vacation] and other personal leave provided, along with retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation.
Commences: As soon as practical after formal job offer
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.