Post Date: 09/17/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Physics Instructional Support Technician II (Part-time)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09484
Location: Cascade Campus
Address: 705 N Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Level 16; Part-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $16.58 to $17.06 per hour. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This is a part-time position currently funded at .5 FTE (Approximately 1040 hours per year).
Work Schedule is half-time flexible, based on the needs of the office. Schedule must include a Monday or Saturday, and at least one evening per week, to be negotiated.
The division of Math, Sciences, Health, and PE at PCC Cascade campus is seeking half-time lab tech support for physics, general science, geology, and environmental sciences (especially physics) lab courses. The work includes prepping lab equipment and supplies, maintaining the storeroom, and direct interaction with faculty and students.
PCC Benefits (Benefits are pro-rated for part-time positions)
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
-Clean, organize, and maintain both the laboratory room and the store room
-Create and maintain laboratory experiment schedules
-Troubleshoot and repair Physics experimental equipment (mechanical and electrical)
-Read, write, and modify laboratory manuals and experimental procedures
-Maintain communication with instructors and administrators involved in the division
-Assist instructors with laboratory setup and procedures
-Setup experiment specific equipment
-Overview and maintain inventory of laboratory materials
-Tutor students in physics and math
-Train and direct work study personnel
-Create experiment specific apparatus when unavailable commercially
-Participate in extra curricular activities within the division
-Created and printed laboratory safety guidelines and laboratory equipment logs
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (Note-experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years of post-secondary education in the physical sciences (experience performing the duties described above may substitute for the post-secondary education requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- One year of experience supporting laboratory activities in the physical sciences. Must have proven communications skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform.
Must have proven communications skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform.
Must be able to provide own transportation for off-site travel.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- In depth knowledge of collegiate physics concepts (Calculus based preferred).
- Experience working in an educational science lab.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1294544
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1294544