Post Date: 09/17/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Benefits Specialist, Human Resources Specialist II
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09490
Location: Downtown Center
Address: 722 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Confidential; Level F; Full-time; Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Salary Range: $46,607 to $57,092 per year per year; Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement
Job Close Date:
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering a comprehensive benefit program which includes, health, dental and vision insurances; long term disability; life insurance; long-term care; defined benefit and defined contribution retirement programs; etc. Day-to-day responsibilities include processing a variety of complex forms, ensuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, and regulations; providing technical guidance and expertise to employees and management regarding applicable policies, procedures and programs; leave administration; retirement program administration; other benefit program administration; and other duties as assigned.
The incumbent will be part of a strong team of specialists providing excellent customer service to our internal and external clients, and collaborates with other HR units on complex benefits related issues.
- Processing benefits related correspondence in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Assisting with the coordination of annual benefit enrollment process and facilitating the enrollment of employees in benefit programs.
- Processing standard and complex leaves of absence and escalating issues as needed.
- Assisting with tuition waiver processing.
- Responds to requests for information from employees and/or the general public over the phone, in person, and via e-mail regarding a variety of Human Resources programs, job opportunities, and/or other related information.
- Processes a variety of human resources forms, utilizing established policies and procedures.
- Enters a variety of information into databases; compiles data and prepares related reports; maintains related information.
- Prepares, maintains, and distributes a variety of correspondence, files, records, applications, and/or other related information.
- Performs basic office duties, such as copying, filing, faxing, typing standard documents, preparing, sorting, and distributing mail and entering data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and college level course work in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the college level course work.
Two years' experience working in benefits is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
*Customer service principles;
*Recordkeeping principles and practices;
*Modern office practices;
*Benefits administration best practice;
*Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes; including, but not limited to, FMLA, OFLA, Oregon Sick Leave, etc.
Demonstrated Skill in:
*Benefits administration of Health, dental
*Compiling and organizing information;
*Providing customer service;
*Processing forms and paperwork utilizing established procedures and guidelines;
*Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, policies, procedures, and regulations;
*Coordinating and executing multiple tasks;
*Prioritizing work and meeting deadlines;
*Facilitating the resolution of problems;
*Reconciling billing statements;
*Maintaining a variety of records and logs;
*Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
*Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
*Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally performed in an office environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent reaching, sitting, walking, and standing may be required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job. Occasional travel between campus locations.
*Benefit administration experience in a large organization
*Benefit administration experience in a union environment that included applying relevan collective bargaining provisions
*Experience with online benefit enrollment systems such as OEBB
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. A Cover Letter that describes how you meet the Preferred Qualifications of the position (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Effective January 1, 2014, all applicants hired by the college will be required to reimburse PCC for the cost of their criminal background check, through payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1294543
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1294543