Post Date: 02/11/2020
Close Date: 03/10/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an Automation Technician to join an excellent team, provide top-notch automation support and work to advance their IT operations.
This position is under the classification Information Systems Specialist 4.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As an Automation Technician, you will provide support to both internal and external customers of the Office of Information Services (OIS). In this Tier 2 role, you will be business focused with a concentration on working with Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Department of Human Services (DHS) Information Technology services and assisting to create, edit and maintain Service Management Workflows and web-based forms and assist in maintaining the IT Services On-line Catalog.
In this role, you will research IT services to assist in the creation of logical workflows and their intake forms, design and develop web-based workflows and work with automation specialists to ensure the process works across the ITSM platform. You will clearly communicate solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner and provide consulting over the phone, via network or in person as needed.
Additionally, you will answer complex technical questions and resolve problems passed off from lower-level technicians within or outside of the Service Desk in regards to the automation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Three (3) years of information systems experience in Technical Support. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Technical Support. OR (c) A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• IT experience in ITSM.
• Experience in working with workflows and processes.
• Experience in creating web forms.
• Ability to respond to a large volume and wide range or requests.
• Ability to learn and work under pressure and remain professional and tactful.
• Outstanding customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.