Post Date: 12/05/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Are you looking for an awesome weekend job where you get to make a difference every day?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! We’re ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-Profit Employers in Oregon, and we’re currently seeking a “Weekend Supported Living Specialist” who will help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live independently in their own houses and apartments.
You’ll get to help them make their own choices, learn awesome new skills, and do fun activities in the community. Some folks will need help with chores, and a few people will need assistance to shower or use the bathroom. You’ll work one-on-one, so you’ll have the time to build real relationships!
Your schedule will be Saturdays and Sundays, generally from 9am to 5pm. However, you can choose to work between 8 to 9.5 hours per day so please indicate in your cover letter your preferred start and end times and the total number of hours you would like to work on the weekend. In addition, quarterly, you may be asked to attend a training or meet with your supervisor during the week. You’ll also work any Agency holiday that falls during your normal hours. You will receive double-pay for the first 12 hours of any Agency holiday.
This is a great job for people who want to gain experience in the fields of social services, social justice, non-profits, and healthcare… and for anyone who’s looking for a long-term career. Be proud of where you work! Come join UCP Oregon.
• $13.36 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Paid sick leave.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Partial cell phone reimbursement ($10/month)
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to transport clients in your car: be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Be able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Weekend Supported Living Specialist” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is eager to hire a “Weekend Supported Living Specialist” as soon as possible so applicants will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html