Post Date: 01/09/2019
Close Date: 01/22/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager with IT experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an IT Project Manager, you will support one or more projects within the Office of Information Services (OIS) Project Solutions Team by managing medium to large projects or by functioning as a deputy project manager for highly complex enterprise scale initiatives.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of technology solutions through facilitation and coordination with stakeholders, project staff, other OIS staff, and contractors to define project activities, solve problems, redefine project scope, and sequence project activities.
Additionally, you will lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Project Manager with IT experience, don't delay, apply today!
These are full-time, permanent positions that are classified and represented by a union.
These positions will be located in Salem at 3990 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
Five years of progressively responsible experience related to Project Management.
Four years of progressively responsible experience related to Project Management AND an Oregon Project Associate Certification.
Two years of progressively responsible experience related to Project Management AND a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field.
A Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
• Experience managing major technology projects, following PMI/PMBOK standards.
• Project management experience that included full responsibility for outcomes of major solutions and components.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project with an ability to create and manage fully loaded project schedules.
• Experience Managing projects throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience in project management practices and an ability to create foundational project artifacts.
• Experience in all portions of Federal and State compliance reporting.
• Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating meetings and conversations and articulate expected outcomes, issues and risks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in the following areas:
o Reviewing project deliverables
o Verifying completion of project artifacts
o Reporting project status to stakeholders
o Conducting stakeholder management.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.