Post Date: 12/26/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Full Time, Full Benefits
The Bilingual (Spanish and English) Teacher is responsible for development and implementation of the academic program, documentation of state and ORR assessment standards, report cards and supervision. The position provides supervision in the education setting and supports the program’s behavioral model. Academic instruction provided is consistent with the students’ academic development, literacy and linguistic ability. The course instruction includes varying levels of English, Math and Science including English language training. The teacher will join our Shelter program team.
About the Program:
Our shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite. The program serves adolescent boys and girls, (11 – 17 years of age) The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other countries such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide educational instruction in groups identified by the students’ needs, abilities, and level of educational competency. Deliver educational services in a programmed, structured classroom setting for six (6) hours per day that follows the school calendar for the academic school year calendars and summer school calendar developed by Morrison.
• Determine the need for remedial education and provide recommendations for after school tutoring as appropriate.
• Regularly assess each student in the programs to determine individual educational competency levels.
• Provide academic assessments and educational curricula adapted from local educational standards.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Bachelor’s degree and licensed by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission for assignment as a teacher or Master’s degree and Teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) /Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certification (TESOL)
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required
• Experience using technology such as laptops, overhead projectors, in a school setting.
• Intermediate computer skills
• Special Education
• Prior experience with adolescents in a school or mental health setting is preferred
• Understanding of other core subject areas such as physical education, science, advanced mathematics, GED preparation
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Rate:
Pay Range (ESL/TESOL): $21.19 – $21.69
Pay Range (OR licensed teacher): $23.24 – $23.79
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for our clients
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “T-158” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Teacher position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/teacher/