Post Date: 12/31/2018
Close Date: 01/13/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an Application Architect with .NET experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an Application Architect, you will provide the highest level of technical expertise and leadership to analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement and coordinate the operations, maintenance, installation and construction of information systems. You will be responsible for technical direction of software systems while guiding the evolution of the systems architecture and quality, and enabling innovation.
In this role, you will guide design and development, while instituting industry best practices and standards. You will be part of a team that provides technical expertise and leadership to develop, integrate and implement Public Health information systems.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an Application Architect with .NET experience, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Portland at 800 NE Oregon Street.
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in .NET Application Development.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in .NET Application Development.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in .NET Application Development.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in .NET Application Development.
• Experience and ability to develop new .NET applications from beginning to end as well as maintaining existing .NET applications
• 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Software Development technology stacks, such as: .NET, IIS, Visual Studio and SQL Server.
• Experience and willingness to regularly participate in assisting with the development of business use cases, user stories or other agile software development requirements gathering and documentation methodologies.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, database design and modeling theory and the T-SQL query language.
• Ability to take high level, customer driven ideas and turn them into actionable software requirements.
• Experience using modern source control systems, testing practices, code and design review tools and processes such as TFS, JIRA and Subversion.
• Knowledge and experience with current Information Technology frameworks such as ITIL, PMBOK, Agile, DevOps etc.
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience and desire to work in a development team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and experience.
• Solid understanding and experience using a formal Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to work with little guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with unit's technical standards, practices, frameworks and paradigms.
• Knowledge of and Experience with business Intelligence, Reporting, and Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, Crystal Reports or SAP BO.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.