Post Date: 05/05/2020
Close Date: 08/04/2020
Do you value active learning, meaningful collaboration with faculty colleagues, and culturally relevant and equity-minded instruction? Are you excited to work with a diverse student population? Are you eager to work collaboratively to find innovative ways to improve student success? If these questions resonate with you, then we invite you to consider joining our faculty team. We value collaboration and are dedicated to guiding all students to achieve their academic and career goals.
Clark College is currently seeking applicants for part-time Network Technology instructors for a variety of introductory and foundational courses in: computer networking, Linux, Cisco, cloud/VMware, security, computer programming, Microsoft servers. Clark College is committed to hiring and retaining faculty who possess and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, dedication and passion to educate students. As facilitators in the learning process, the faculty must be aware of the College's instructional goals. While appreciating and valuing the diversity of students of Clark College, the faculty must uphold academic standards, be engaged in professional development, and assist in the promotion of excellence at the College.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity and inclusion. We have not always gotten it right, but are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees. Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Faculty Responsibilities
• Teach computer network technology and related courses to a diverse student population.
• Instruct all classes as an expert in the discipline using active learning approaches that both engage and facilitate student learning.
• Instruct all classes utilizing technology (e.g. learning management systems, web-based simulations or other) as part of their course design (web-enhanced, hybrid or online) to facilitate student learning and success.
• Maintain department curriculum standards.
• Assess student progress and provide timely feedback.
• Work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds..
• Affiliate faculty will attend required meetings and activities.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
• Associates degree or higher and three years of professional IT/IS experience directly related to the teaching assignment.
• Current industry certifications (Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, CompTIA) that are directly related to the topics of the course(s) being taught.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of community colleges and the kinds of faculty work expected at an open admissions college.
Lecture rate is $71.67/hour and the Lab rate is $61.21/hour
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application, including names of three (3) references
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
• Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105
Open until filled. This part-time position is an ongoing recruitment in which applications are collected year-round. Positions will be filled as program needs arise
Condition of employment:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
May 5, 2020
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position