Post Date: 04/06/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Instructional Administrative Assistant II - Online Learning
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09367
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 17; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $2,936 to $2,999 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply by April 13, 2018 for best consideration
The Online Learning Division at Portland Community College has an exciting opportunity for an assistant to join our team. This position will work within the department as a valuable team member supporting staff who are working on college-wide time-sensitive initiatives. This position will also work closely with managers and lead assistant on a variety of complex projects. If you like a work environment that has both both routine tasks and shifting priorities, and you are self-directed, you will thrive on our team. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates the essential skills required to contribute to the team immediately and who is excited about growing within our division.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Effectively operate all modules of college database systems, including inputting, extracting, and presenting data in a useful format to make effective decisions or alert supervisor of specific issues. Run a variety of reports for assigned department or division.
2. Schedule and coordinate department meetings. Maintain conference rooms and supplies. Assist with basic technology issues and troubleshooting.
3. Receive and process time sheets and student payroll and resolve pay issues. Create EPAF using appropriate pay rates for each employee class. Work with HRIS to correct any errors in the submission process. Process MAP forms for special pay situations and cooperative education. Run reports to verify payroll is correct. Review employee records with multiple time cards and multiple pay rates for accuracy. Process payroll authorizations for full and part-time faculty, casual, student and administrative staff.
4. Work closely with Lead Assistant to track and monitor budget and/or grant expenditures for assigned departments or division. Reconcile budget expenditure records against college data base budget reports.
5. Work with staff to make travel arrangements based on department/college policies. Reconcile travel and work with Lead Assistant on group travel. Process final travel reconcile with Accounts payable. Work with staff on issues or concerns.
6. Assist with the development of and type correspondence, policies and procedures, reports, contracts, instructional materials, time cards, and spreadsheets. Maintain supervisor's calendar. Coordinate and attend department meetings. Take meeting notes and distribute to participants as requested.
7. Order division/department supplies and equipment, and materials utilizing the college purchase card and ensuring adherence to college purchasing guidelines. Track expenditures and reconcile bank statements.
8. Answer phones and greet the public, students, staff, and faculty. Provide general guidance, problem solving and assistance to students, staff, and faculty. Resolve a variety of office problems independently and collaboratively with the Lead Assistant.
9. Orient new department staff to department procedures. May interview and make recommendations in the hiring of student workers and casuals; advise supervisor of student worker performance issues.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
High school diploma or equivalent and three years administrative support experience or one year in a position equivalent to IAA I.
College or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the administrative experience requirement.
Other equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered.
Knowledge of: Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques; spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills; use and operation of personal computers and associated standard office software, basic customer service standards and principles; other office resources and equipment including phones, fax machines, copy machines; general knowledge of the administrative requirement associated with delivering academic programs and services in an educational environment.
Ability to: Develop and maintain effective working relationships; effectively evaluate a situation or issue and develop sound working solutions; maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record; provide effective and responsive service to department customers and contacts; perform all assigned tasks efficiently and accurately and create and maintain accurate records; possess and demonstrate the required level of proficiency in desktop computers and other assigned software or electronic resources, including the Intranet and Internet, as assigned; learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases; create and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment. This position experiences frequent work interruption and change in workflow.
Occasional lifting, guiding, or carrying of light-weight materials or equipment may be required. Sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal and the ability to bend, stoop, and crawl in troubleshooting office equipment failure or maintenance is required of incumbents in this classification.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please include a detailed cover letter that specifically describes how your experience meets the Preferred Qualifications and how you might grow professionally in this position. The evaluation of your application materials will include a review for completeness, clarity, punctuation and grammar.
1. Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines in fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
2. Demonstrated experience consistently accomplishing routine tasks, acquiring new tasks, and collaborating with a team to create efficient workflows.
3. Demonstrate experience providing accurate and detailed information.
4. Proven ability to work independently while still remaining a critical member of a collaborative team.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that describes how you meet the Preferred Qualifications(attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1199713
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1199713