Post Date: 05/15/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for a Field Services Manager to lead an excellent team, ensure the delivery top-notch support and work to advance their IT operations.
These positions fall under the Classification Principal/Executive Manager D.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Field Services Manager, you will manage IT professionals who plan, design, develop, implement and maintain applications in support of major business areas. Your responsibility will be to ensure the delivery of IT operations, support, application development, and maintenance.
In this role, you will develop and maintain strong relationships with business and functional units. You will need to demonstrate a strong understanding of each unit’s business, goals, missions, and business drivers. You will facilitate business decisions on IT services, support, and products; and ensure the understanding of the impacts and investments required to achieve desired results.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Six (6) years of supervisory, technical, or professional-level experience related to Technical Support including Two (2) years of experience that supervision and management of a program, section, or unit
which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation,
and d) budget preparation. OR (b) A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management, Business, Public Administration or a related field; AND Three (3) years of supervisory, technical, or professional-level experience related to Technical Support including Two (2) years of experience that supervision and management of a program, section, or unit which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
• Ability to maintain tight deadlines and close coordination and communication with Human Resources, executive and peer managers, agency directors, partners and contractors.
• In depth knowledge of project management techniques, resource processes, budgeting, and cost benefits analysis.
• Sense of urgency and empathy for customers.
• Exceptional analytical and process improvement skills.
• Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures including ITIL methodologies.
• Hands on experience working in Incident, Problem and Change Management disciplines.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas to non-technical employees.
• Competency in call center tracking tools.
• Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
• Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.