Post Date: 08/15/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Department: EI/ECSE (Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education)
Location: Beaverton Early Childhood Center
Salary: Per negotiated contract, Licensed Salary Schedule
Bargaining Unit: NWEA
Days Per Year: 190
FTE: .5 (20 hours per week)
Start Date: August 27, 2019
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position provides nursing care for students. The employee formulates and implements health care plans, conducts student health assessments and collaborates and communicates with families, staff and medical professionals.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; minimum of two years experience working with
2. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to use or learn to use e-mail and word processing.
3. Certificates as determined by the District including a Bachelor of Science Nursing degree.
4. Ability to make decisions independently and to use initiative and judgement in accomplishing tasks following overall policies and objectives.
5. State issued valid driver's license
Essential Functions: include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Formulates and implements health care plans for students, collaborating with families and medical
2. Conducts student health assessments.
3. Reviews health conditions in classrooms as needed, assesses care needs, and modifies health
protocols or education plans. Consults with physicians and parents to obtain necessary information
and convey findings.
4. Delegates health-related procedures to staff. Supplies appropriate training and supervision in
accordance with state standards.
5. Communicates with parents and staff regarding health needs.
6. Performs direct nursing as needed (e.g., medication, tube feeding, seizure management).
7. Assists in collecting and tracking immunization records and meet state reporting guidelines.
8. Participates in IEP/IFSP processes.
9. Travels to multiple classroom sites. Make home visits as necessary.
10. Provides consultation in educational settings regarding school health needs.
11. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
12. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
14. Adhere to policies of the NW Regional ESD
Equal Opportunity Employer
NWRESD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NWRESD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1407 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.
Complete details: https://www.applitrack.com/nwresd/onlineapp/1BrowseFile.aspx?id=32788