Post Date: 11/04/2019
Close Date: 12/08/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at one of Cascadia's outpatient Health Centers in Milwaukie, OR. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The Health Center Clinical Director is responsible for oversight of a unique agency area within Cascadia. This includes clinical model development and implementation, business development and growth, establishing and maintaining good community relationships, program development and operations, hiring, training, development and termination of employees, financial planning and budgets, program oversight, risk management, and quality improvement. The Clinical Director is also responsible for input into development and implementation of Cascadia divisions’ strategic planning and goals. The Clinical Director is responsible and accountable for organizational viability inasmuch as he/she creates and maintains financially viable programs and operations.
- Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university and demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP), as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rule’s (OAR).
- Preference given to candidates who are licensed (such as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). A Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADC) credential is also preferred.
- A minimum of three years of behavioral health clinical experience (must include two years post Masters) and at least two years of experience managing a clinic setting (primary care, integrated health, or behavioral health) or similar is required.
- Knowledge of integrated healthcare treatment, primary care, substance use services, population health management, and wellness-focused activities
- Knowledge of risk management, Evidence-Based Practices, and systems of care
- Strong Recovery, Trauma-informed, and Consumer-centric perspective
- An understanding of the recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery, evidence-based practices, and strength-based case management philosophies and strategies is required.
- Excellent ability to collaborate and problem solve
- Ability to facilitate team work on a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to manage medical and clinical aspects of care for individuals with complex medical and behavioral healthcare needs
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare reports
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)