Post Date: 03/17/2020
Close Date: 04/06/2020
We are recruiting for an archaeologist and tribal liaison to analyze and document the impacts of transportation projects on Cultural Resources. In this role, you will be a staff expert in archaeology, traditional cultural properties and cultural resources. As a tribal liaison, you will maintain and build relationships with tribes and will coordinate with tribes, the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) and other agencies and organizations.
What we need:
A graduate degree in archaeology, anthropology or a closely related field; AND
- At least one (1) year of full-time professional experience or equivalent specialized training in archaeological research, administration or management;
- At least four (4) months of supervised field and analytic experience in general North American archaeology; AND
- Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these desired attributes, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
- Master’s degree in archaeology or cultural resources management meeting the secretary of interior professional qualification standards for archaeology.
- Must possess credentials to access the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office’s online archaeology database.
- Must be qualified to obtain an archaeological permit through the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office.
- Professional-level experience handling cultural resources review and compliance work.
- Experience working with Oregon archaeology with emphasis on the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Coast.
- Previous tribal consultation experience.
Learn more and apply!
- This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on April 6, 2020.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-35271 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
- For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer