Post Date: 07/08/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Are you looking for a full-time job with great benefits, and the chance to make a difference every day? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-profit Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will provide support to an older man who experiences developmental disabilities. He lives in his own condo near SE 122nd and Stark.
While quiet at first, this man has a wonderful sense of humor that quickly blossoms and he makes friends wherever he goes. He is mostly independent in his supports and likes to assist with meal preparation, household chores, and planning daily activities. His favorite activities include visiting antique shops, taking nature photographs, creating art, and finding new places to eat. His main areas of support are reminding him to do his hygiene routine and take his medication as well as keeping an eye out that he does not fall when you are out in the community.
In this position, you will work 40 hours per week over the course of 5 days. You choose the 5 days you wish to work and the days you choose do not have to be consecutive (for example, Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat). You also choose your scheduled time-frame from the following: 6:30am to 2:30pm, 7am to 3pm, 7:30am to 3:30pm, or 8am to 4pm.
*However, this man attends an event on the third Saturday of every month. If one of the 5 days you wish to work does not include Saturday, then you are required to swap one of your scheduled days for Saturday on the third Saturday of every month to attend this event with him. You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to drive on the job: must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Be able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Experience in the developmental disability field is preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Sweet Older Man (Choose Your Hours)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/C892B49A51