Post Date: 08/08/2019
Close Date: 09/09/2019
We are seeking a highly-qualified candidate to be our next full-time permanent Eastern Oregon Regional Representative (Planner 3)
What would you be doing?
You would function as a regional representative for the department in the Eastern Oregon region. In this capacity, you would carry out the department's mission, statutory mandates, and statewide planning requirements through direct assistance, coordination, review, and oversight of the land use activities of local governments, state agencies and special service districts. You would represent the department in both urban and rural planning matters. You would help to ensure that state actions and investments are well-coordinated and effectively meet state and local objectives to maintain and build quality communities, protect farm and forest lands, and promote economic development. You would also participate in the Northeast and Greater Eastern Oregon Regional Solutions Teams.
Closing Date: Monday, September 9, 2019
Time Type: Full-time
Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $4,851 - $7,091 Monthly
If you are interested, please visit the Oregon job opportunities page.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (oral and written);
• Ability to present and articulate technical land use information to a wide range of audiences (i.e., interest groups, business owners, developers, citizens, local governments) in a variety of settings (i.e., letters, hearings, public meetings, and telephone);
• Experience involving resource protection, community development, and growth management;
• Experience interpreting and implementing local and state land use regulations and programs in Oregon, preferably in Eastern Oregon;
• Ability to coordinate with agencies and local governments to collaboratively resolve land use issues and disputes; and;
• Ability to operate with a high degree of independence, often in situations that are not supportive of land use planning;
• Ability to work in a collaborative process with others from different agencies with different interests.
You will join a team of talented individuals charged with helping communities and citizens plan for, protect, and improve the built and natural systems that provide a high quality of life for all Oregonians. In partnership with citizens and local governments, we foster sustainable and vibrant communities and protect our natural resources legacy. We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, committed to workforce diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain highly skilled and talented individuals across all departments and programs who best reflect the diversity of our region. Please visit http://www.oregon.gov/LCD to learn more about the exciting and rewarding work we do!
If you are not interested, please consider helping us recruit top talent by sharing this opportunity with potential applicants and interested networks.