Post Date: 11/01/2019
Close Date: 11/14/2019
Position Summary: The Support Service Specialist provides support functions during overnight shift including responding to emergency needs of women in the Victory Home Base House program, urinalysis observation, collection and reporting, and scanning documentation into client medical records.
Education, Training and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• MHACBO Recovery Mentor certification (CRM) preferred.
• Experience working with women who are in recovery from substance use disorders, and women who are experiencing mental illness.
• Experience with engagement enhancement strategies.
• Experience with electronic health records preferred.
• Ability to develop rapport with diverse group of clients and staff, while maintaining professional boundaries.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with addiction and the recovery process.
• Crisis intervention and de-escalation skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Computer literate – functional ability with Microsoft Office 365. Ability to document services in an electronic record.
• Commitment to the highest level of ethical and professional standards.
• Mission-focused and passionate about providing support and guidance to recovery process.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be able to pass criminal background check.
• If recovering from a substance use related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years, and maintain throughout employment duration.
Compensation: $14.04/hour + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers