Post Date: 08/22/2019
Close Date: 09/22/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
PROGRAM MANAGER II
This position is full time (40 hours/week) located at a correctional facility in Wilsonville, OR. THe schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
The Program Manager works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor drug and alcohol reentry treatment for clients within a prison-based facility. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered, trauma-informed approach to assisting clients in achieving individual goals and reducing recidivism. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals in the criminal justice system, it is required the Program Manager understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve and cultivate an environment for staff and clients that is reflective of that philosophy. The Program Manager implements and oversees supervision and training needs of clinical staff in collaboration with DOC's and Cascadia's training departments. The Program Manager assures that program activities are administered as directed by the Clinical Director and per regulatory and contractual specifications. The Program Manager provides general and specific direction to team members, is responsible for management of the program, and serves as back-up to those supervised. In addition, the Program Manager will maintain a caseload and will perform clinical services.
- Bachelor's degree in a behavioral health field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of a CADC I (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor certification) is required.
- Master's degree in a behavioral health field and/or a CADC II is preferred.
- Two to four years of supervisory and/or leadership experience is required.
- Previous experience working with a corrections population is required, and working within a correctional facility is preferred.
- General understanding of criminality and criminogenic risk factors
- Thorough understanding of trauma informed care principles, evidenced-based practices, systems, procedures and treatment strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter data and retrieve data
- Prepare simple reports
- This position requires an additional background check because it works at a DOC facility. Therefore, must be able to pass the Department of Corrections criminal background check
- Regular sitting, Standing, walking, and Keyboarding
- Occasionally stooping, lifting 20 to 50 lbs, climbing (stairs), crouching, reaching, and running
- Constant visual and auditory
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)