Post Date: 12/31/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Oregon Episcopal School occupies a wooded 59 acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, an inquiry based curriculum, and a strong sense of community. The School values employees who seek to continually develop the OES Essential Competencies in themselves and others and are prepared to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community (https://www.oes.edu/aboutoes/mission-identity).
Every year OES hires talented teachers for its three divisions. The School seeks educators that are curious, creative, and self-reflective to deliver its inquiry based curriculum. Teachers are guided by the Learning and Teaching at OES faculty growth model (https://www.oes.edu/uploaded/New_Site/Employee_Page/L_T@OES_6.5.png).
These are generally full-time, exempt, academic year positions that will start in August 2020. They come with a competitive salary and benefits package including employer paid health insurance, retirement plan with a generous employer matching contribution, tuition remission for up to two admissions eligible children, abundant professional development opportunities, and an excellent free lunch daily. See the OES Benefits Guide f at http://www.oes.edu/employees for details.
• Create, communicate and maintain clear, consistent, and appropriate learning objectives and expectations that are aligned with the department’s goals.
• Provide frequent, constructive, objective, and prompt feedback.
• Seek and constructively use professional feedback.
• Design assessments and activities as tools for student learning and growth.
• Recognize, respect and promote the cultural difference and diversity of the individuals in the classroom and community.
• Collaborate with colleagues.
• Communicate responsibly and professionally with colleagues, families, and students.
• Establish and maintain relationships with students and families that promote learning.
• Seek to understand, value, and respond to each student.
• Differentiate instruction.
• Believe in each person’s potential for growth.
• Experiment with teaching strategies.
• Maintain high standards for student behavior in and out of the classroom.
• Integrate technology in teaching and assessment.
• Serve as an adviser to a small group of students – MS & US
• Participate fully in the life of the school by attending school activities, events, meetings, and conferences.
• BA or equivalent in a related field
• Two years of experience teaching
• IT skills: general digital literacy, intermediate to advanced Google Suite, MS Office Suite, database, web applications, video conferencing, etc. as appropriate to job duties, experience with applicable educational technology
• Demonstrated experience with and skill in working with students from diverse ethnic, gender, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
• MA or equivalent in related field
• Experience teaching students courses from 9th through 11th grade; independent school experience a plus
• Demonstrated and successful history with innovation in the teaching
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Communication skills, ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to contribute to strong and positive connections with students and to maintain collegial relationships with colleagues
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively on teams
• Knowledge of educational technology, with an openness to innovation and willingness to learn as tools evolve
• Primarily classroom environment, ability to stand or sit to deliver curriculum
• Ability to sit at computer and keyboard for moderate periods
• Ability to lift up to 20 pound on an occasional basis
• Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues, parents, and the public
• Mobility sufficient to move about the campus – mobility sufficient to assure the safety of young children (Lower School)
COMPENSATION: Faculty salary scale based on education and teaching experience
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for future openings, complete the OES online application, link below, and attach a cover letter and resume.
Follow the link below to set up a login and password that will allow you to save and return to your application:
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers