Post Date: 12/03/2018
Close Date: 12/14/2018
SALARY: $61,710.00 - $94,566.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 11/30/18 | CLOSING DATE: 12/14/18 05:00 PM
Are you blown away by Air Quality, Carbon and Energy Programs? Does maintaining regulatory compliance, supporting business development, and working on innovative projects fulfill your inner environmentalist? If you said yes, then the Port's Environmental Data Specialist position might be the job for you!
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide professional and technical support across all Port operating areas regarding air quality, carbon neutrality and energy.
• Design, build, and maintain emissions inventories incorporating complex algorithms using databases (i.e. MySQL, MS SQL Server) and Excel.
• Ensure the proper preparation and quality assurance processes are in place for air emissions inventories for Port's aviation and marine operations.
• Oversee that the processes and criteria for hazardous air pollutants and greenhouse gases are in order to comply with Port policy and DEQ regulatory requirements.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary emission sources and input accurately into databases and data systems.
• Liaise directly with internal and external stakeholders to manage data collection.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to make recommendations regarding business decisions.
• Build scalable dashboards and technical reports and verify accuracy of reports and provide insights.
• Troubleshoot data issues and recommend and implement process improvements.
• Provide technical input to assist in the development of management strategies to help meet regulatory success criteria.
• Perform calculations, and prepare regulatory reports for compliance with Permit and Regulatory obligations including, but not limited to:
◦ Federal regulatory programs including New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs), and ozone depleting substance rules.
◦ State regulatory programs including; Air Contaminant Discharge Permits, Indirect Source Permits, Employee Commute Options (ECO) Program, Low Carbon Fuels Program
• Track and ensure compliance with multiple regulatory reporting deadlines.
• Identify and prioritize voluntary emission reduction and minimization opportunities.
• Assist with the development and management of emission strategies to achieve Port goals.
• Measure progress toward minimizing emissions and help develop recommendations to facilitate Port strategic planning in this area.
• Conduct regulatory compliance, and air quality impact, and emission reduction opportunity evaluations.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, natural sciences or related quantitative field.
• 3-5 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
• Experience managing project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in a methodical and structured way.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and Databases (i.e. MySQL, MS Access, MS SQL Server) required; Tableau (i.e., data prep/analytics, dashboard creation, troubleshooting) preferred
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, permits and plans associated with air quality, carbon neutrality and energy (preferred)
• Valid Washington or Oregon driver's license required
• Ability to obtain security clearance to gain access to Port's airports, marine terminals and other properties required.
Complete details: https://www.portofportland.com/