Post Date: 02/04/2020
Close Date: 02/17/2020
Jr. Maintenance Technician
Location: Portland, OR
Wage: $12.23-$18.35-DOE on experience/skills
This is a limited duration role with the intent to be eligible apply to Maintenance Tech positions within 6 - 12 months. The Jr. Maintenance Technician performs basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and repair and maintenance tasks to maintain properties in good condition. Basic skills are required however this is an entry level position and will include on the job training.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Sufficient experience to provide basic working knowledge of maintenance / repair practices and techniques.
• Knowledge of fair housing or demonstrated ability to learn new complex procedures preferred.
• Demonstrated dependability, punctuality and strong work ethic required.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Complete maintenance and repair projects as assigned.
• Perform unit turnover preparation repair and maintenance.
• Maintain lawns and landscaping, where applicable.
• Maintain complete records of maintenance, mileage, costs and repairs.
• Report unsafe or hazardous conditions to staff.
• Assist with annual property inspections.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Contact tenants for scheduling repairs.
• Maintain work area in clean and professional manner.
• Must be able to adhere to organizational policies on non-discrimination.
• Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic background, religious views, political affiliation, cultural background, life-styles, and sexual orientations, treating everyone with respect and dignity.
• Employee is to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
• May be exposed to angry, distraught or potentially violent people
• May require overtime to meet deadlines
• May require evening and/or weekend meetings
• Requires period of walking, standing or working in confined spaces
• Requires lifting or moving objects weighing up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis;
• May require the need for frequent shifting of priorities and deadlines
• Work levels tend to fluctuate with deadlines of rent receivables, audit periods or during annual volunteer events
• Requires work with a variety of age groups
Benefits package: REACH offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
401(k) Retirement plan with employer match, FSA, Medical, Dental, EAP, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D, employee service recognition award system, paid holidays, PTO, personal days, and sick leave. REACH also injects fun and camaraderie into the workplace by organizing activities, contests, and special events for our staff.
**Benefit coverage begins for FT/PT employees on the first of the month after hired, 401(k) plan other terms apply**
Want to learn more? Apply here and check out the links below for more information..
***Full Job Description provided on website***
Please, apply here: https://reachcdc.org/reach/careers
Complete details: https://reachcdc.org/reach/careers