Post Date: 03/11/2020
Close Date: 04/10/2020
Deadline to apply: Continuous
Salary: $34.04 - $35.66 hourly
Represented by IUOE Local 701. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, but we will give preference to Operating Engineers who can work weekend event shifts. This position requires an Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrician License (LME).
Operating Engineer II are essential to providing a welcoming space at our performing arts centers. Under the supervision of the Facility Manager and Lead Operating Engineer, the Operating Engineer II operates and maintains all heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical and mechanical equipment used in the daily operations of Portland'5 Centers for the Arts (Portland'5) facilities. Schedule is flexible part-time and event driven, mainly Thursday - Sunday.
At Portland'5 Centers for the Arts, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Experience and education
• MUST possess an Oregon Limited Maintenance License (LME).
• Two years experience as an Operating Engineer in a large public events facility or two years of demonstrated equivalent experience connected with operation and maintenance of commercial buildings
• Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• Must be, or be willing to become, CPR and First Aid certified.
• Or any combination of education and training, experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job
• Preference will be given to applicants who are able to work weekends, morning shifts specifically. Portland'5 Part-Time Operating Engineers are expected to make themselves available for a minimum of two shifts per month and are allowed to work up to 32 hours per week. On average, Part-Time Engineers work from 4-10 shifts per month depending on the event schedule.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs