Post Date: 10/08/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant
Part-Time (20 hours), Pro-Rated Benefits
Job Code: ECMHC-454
The Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant position is responsible for providing a broad range of early childhood mental health prevention services including Child/Family Specific Consultation, Program Level Consultation to childcare/education staff, parent training and support groups. The position involves the implementation of evidenced based practice models that include The Incredible Years Parent and Child Series, Positive Behavior Supports (PBIS), CBT based parent stress/mood management groups, as assigned. Services will be provided in selected early childcare/education sites. Duties include early childhood mental health consultation/treatment, referral services, promoting and marketing group services, facilitating parent and child groups, as assigned. Data collection and clinical record keeping are also responsibilities of the position.
Program: Beaverton Outpatient
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties for this position is as follows:
1. Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field, required.
2. Minimum of 2 years direct experience in a mental health setting providing prevention services and /or mental health therapy to children and their families.
3. Experience in Early Childhood Mental Health essential, and in prevention services, including group prevention services essential.
4. Knowledge of the developmental needs of children birth to 8 years old.
5. Must have a strong understanding of and ability to use DSM diagnostic categories. Familiarity with Diagnostic Classifications of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood (DC 0-3).
6. Ability to work with diverse populations in a variety of environments, particularly childcare/education settings.
7. Demonstrated experience in successfully promoting/advertising groups and securing participants for groups, as well as experience leading and facilitating parent training groups.
8. Must be able to meet QMHP requirement under State of Oregon Office of Mental Health and Addiction Service’s Administrative rules.
9. Licensure preferred but not required.
Required Trainings and Certifications:
• Incredible Years Parent training preferred, if not then commitment to become trained within 3 months
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) training preferred, if not then commitment to become trained within 3 months. (as assigned)
• Positive Behavior Supports (PBIS) training preferred, if not then commitment to become trained within 3 months
• Incredible Years child social skills training preferred, if not then commitment to become trained with 1 year
• Incredible Years Parent Certification preferred; if not certified then interest in or actively pursuing parent certification required
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• May be required to provide childcare division background check.
• 1-3 evening work hours required.
• Must meet agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range:
Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant $19.94 - $24.63
Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant (Bilingual) $21.68 - $26.79
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Click here to apply
If viewing the job post through a website without enabled links, please visit https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ select the job title “Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant" and click: "APPLY FOR JOB!"
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No phone calls please
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/early-childhood-mental-health-consultant/