Post Date: 05/06/2019
Close Date: 05/20/2019
Portland Business Alliance
POSITION: Partners in Diversity Administrative Assistant and Front Desk Admin
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Partners in Diversity and Director of Finance and Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
UPDATED: May 2019
The administrative assistant position coordinates and staffs department and committee meetings; helps plan and implement programs, events and services. The administrative assistant will work closely with the PiD Executive Director to provide high quality customer service to 200+ member organizations and community partners.
Formed in 2005 to support employers in Oregon and SW Washington, Partners in Diversity is an affiliate of Portland Business Alliance’s Charitable Institute – a 501(c)(3) organization. Partners in Diversity aims to create a competitive advantage for our region by attracting, retaining and developing diversity influencers and professionals of color. We are a well-respected organization collaborating with over 200 member employers that pledge to cultivate inclusive work environments and diversify their staff. Together, we hope to achieve a thriving, diverse and welcoming community in which all people can work and live.
Partners in Diversity Administrative Assistant
• Provides administrative support to Executive Director and Program Director.
• Provides administrative support as needed for full calendar of Partners In Diversity (PID) events. Attendance at all events and programs is required.
• Handles annual membership renewal billing process.
• Maintains Jobs Board, Event and other pages as need on PiD website.
• Serves as liaison to the Leadership Council for logistical information; coordinate council meetings and take minutes.
• Manages Executive Director calendar and meeting support.
• Handles PiD members general questions and issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
Front Desk Support and Office Management
Working closely with the Administrative Assistant for Government Relations and Downtown Services, provide primary office support during working hours of the Alliance. Position has primary responsibility for:
• Handle incoming phone calls, including informational inquiries.
• Respond to written and email informational inquiries or forward to appropriate employee.
• Receive and direct visitors to appropriate department.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Processes incoming checks and cash through accounting procedures.
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels and process orders for office supplies.
• Maintain office appearance and organization including kitchen maintenance.
• Process Certificates of Origin requests via essCert program.
• Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent and professional communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with ChamberMaster or other database program
• Cultural competency and ability to work with various community and industry representatives
• Experience using social media in a business environment such as Facebook and LinkedIn a plus
• Process improvement oriented, logistical project management, and complete assignments in a timely manner and strong attention to details.
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
A driver’s license and reliable personal transportation are required for this position.
Three to five years administrative experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of tasks, including project management tasks in a timely manner, while maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
The Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Submit cover letter and resume to Nnenna Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.