Post Date: 11/19/2018
Close Date: 01/07/2019
Camp Maintenance Technician
1 position available
Bring your facility maintenance skills to the Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray, owned by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), in beautiful Newport, Oregon. As a Camp Maintenance Technician, you will maintain a site that inspires the curiosity of hundreds of kids throughout the year! You’ll participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Provide general maintenance, including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, gas appliances and systems, carpentry, tile repair and maintenance, and occasional landscaping.
• Implement preventative maintenance systems.
• Monitor all utility systems (including electric, water, refuse, and natural gas), and contract with local businesses to ensure proper operation.
• Maintain/repair/replace program equipment as needed.
What you’ll need:
• Demonstrated knowledge of facility maintenance skill: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and custodial.
• Working knowledge of facility safety/risk management (OJT).
• Working knowledge of building codes, health codes, and applicable local, county, state, and federal laws and regulations as they pertain to camps.
• Project management skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude in basic plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, and electrical appliances/systems.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in general maintenance, construction, or other relevant profession, in a commercial/institutional setting.
• Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
• Current CPR and first aid certification required (training can be provided at the employee’s expense).
• Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, fingerprinting, reference checks, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks (& on annual basis), and requirements in the Vehicle Policy including passing a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• Hourly rate between $15.00-$17.00, depending on experience.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick time.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/289970.html to apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/289970.html