Post Date: 03/11/2020
Close Date: 04/10/2020
Oregon Episcopal School occupies a wooded 59 acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, an inquiry based curriculum, and a strong sense of community. The School values employees who seek to continually develop the OES Essential Competencies in themselves and others and are prepared to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
Oregon Episcopal School seeks a responsible, conscientious individual to be its night lead custodian. The night lead custodian reports directly to the Facilities operations manager and is responsible for the night-to-night activities of the Custodial Department, the cleaning of all campus buildings by the night custodial team, and meeting proper safety and health standards as set by OES and regulatory agency codes. This position performs custodial duties on a regular nightly schedule and assists in management of employees in a way that advances and supports the educational mission of OES and promotes high employee morale. The regular schedule is 3:30 to midnight but may vary occasionally to meet the needs of the Facilities Department. The successful candidate will possess the ability to establish harmonious relationships with the custodial crew, staff, and students and motivate custodians to work as a team while helping each to reach maximum potential on the job.
This is a full-time, year-round position that comes with a competitive benefits package, including paid time off , 95 percent employer paid group medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee, 25 percent for dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match, and one meal per day during the academic year. See the OES Benefits Guide at http://www.oes.edu/employees for more information.
• Oversee the custodial staff and program to ensure that personnel perform at prescribed standards of cleanliness, quality, and safety.
• Assist custodial staff in performing their duties and provide support during absences.
• Work with the operations manager to plan, assign, review, and adjust work-loads of the custodial staff.
• Ensure standardization of performance at each building.
• Clean facilities to maintain a sanitary, safe, and attractive environment.
• Conduct custodial training in all phases of duties and responsibilities including safe use of equipment and materials.
• Monitor inventory controls of supplies, chemicals, and equipment.
• Assist with the hiring, evaluations, discipline and, when necessary, dismissal of custodial staff in conjunction with the operations manager.
• Perform quality, service, and safety inspections as directed by the operations manager.
• Coordinate custodial support for campus events as needed.
• Update records for Integrated Pest Management and Safety Data Sheets as needed.
• Use the SchoolDude work order system to document maintenance needs and track custodial work requests.
• Maintain accurate attendance records and ensure that the team’s digital time cards are completed properly and on time.
• Take an active role in resource conservation.
• Comply with state and federal regulatory programs (e.g. workplace safety; fire prevention; hazardous material handling and disposal; emergency response; infection and control; first aid).
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three years’ experience performing custodial tasks with at least one year in a lead or supervisory capacity
• Demonstrated ability to lead staff, problem solve and prioritize workloads
• Working knowledge of various types of cleaning equipment, experience with systematic cleaning procedures, familiarity with industry methods and standards to produce a healthy school environment
• Intercultural competency, ability to interact appropriately with a diverse array individuals, ability to engage with a diverse team with cultural sensitivity and respect for human dignity
• IT and digital literacy: ability to use for communication, processing data, work orders, inventory and documentation, using digital time card, etc., ability to adapt and learn as digital tools evolve.
• Valid Oregon Drivers’ license
• Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
• Familiar with a process cleaning system
• Familiar with SchoolDude facility maintenance software
• Ability to diagnose and repair custodial equipment
• Custodial supervisory experience in an educational setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent personnel management and team-building skills
• Ability to work in a professional manner, supporting coworkers, treating all with dignity and respect and maintaining positive, productive working relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively, receive feedback constructively, demonstrate a willingness to learn and strive for continuous improvement.
• Organizational skills, ability to prioritize work tasks, manage time wisely, giving attention to details to ensure quality of work and maintain high level of customer service
• Ability to model high standards with positive and proactive attitude
• Ability to spend the majority of each workday standing or walking
• Ability to move about the campus, including climbing stairs
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis and 70 pounds on an occasional basis
• Ability to climb ladders to a height of 20', and work on powered lifts to a height of 30'
• Ability to speak and hear to communicate with team and colleagues
COMPENSATION: Starts at $17.50 to $21.00 per hour depending on experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Visit www.oes.edu to learn more about this unique school, then complete the OES online application and attach a cover letter and resume. Open until filled.
Follow the link below to set up a login and password that will allow you to save and return to your application:
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers