Post Date: 03/19/2020
Close Date: 04/22/2020
Close date: 4/22/2020
Salary: $4514 - $6596
Location: Portland, OR
This position requires a current, valid and unencumbered Oregon Registered Nursing license or the ability to obtain one within a few months of hire.
This is a full-time, permanent, classified position and is represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Health Care Regulation and Quality Improvement Section (HCRQI) in Portland, OR is recruiting for two Patient Safety and Client Care Surveyors. The HCRQI program regulates health care facilities, providers and suppliers in acute care and community-based programs. These positions monitor, inspect, consult, investigate and partner with the provider community and other state and federal agencies to assure that the citizens of the State of Oregon have access to safe, quality health care through licensing and Medicare/Medicaid certification of health care providers.
What will you do?
As a Patient Safety and Client Care Surveyor, you will assess health and safety compliance in licensed and certified health facilities such as hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and outpatient renal dialysis facilities. You will perform routine onsite inspection and complaint investigation surveys of health care providers for compliance with licensing requirements prior to issuance of license and thereafter. This work is done alone and in teams. You will conduct interviews, review documents and record observations during the surveys. Using the survey findings, you will draft survey reports including issuing citations for non-compliance with state or federal regulations on the State and Federal Statements of Deficiencies forms according to established Federal Principles of Documentation.
In addition, you will plan and monitor all assigned survey workload to ensure timely submittal. You will also provide peer feedback on survey reports done by fellow surveyors including checking for accuracy and completeness. This position also requires enforcement work in the form of reviewing and approving licensee corrective action plans and conducting revisit surveys.
In this position, you will provide administrative-level assistance by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic comprehensive survey processes in compliance with State and Federal regulations. As a field expert, you will maintain knowledge of the rules, regulations and guidelines for each of the provider types assigned. You will also provide consultation, clarification and technical guidance on federal and state regulations as requested by licensees, health care partners, associations and management.
What are we looking for?
• Minimum requirements: Three years of nursing experience AND a current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse. (NOTE: LPN certification and/or experience will not meet the minimum qualifications.)
• Experience monitoring, inspecting, and investigating hospitals, ambulatory surgery, home health or hospice program facilities for regulatory compliance preferred.
• Experience performing independent research, analyzing and/or interpreting information to resolve problems/complaints and making independent decisions.
• Must be skilled in both written and oral communication.
• Experience accurately documenting inspection and investigatory information.
• Proficient use of databases, information systems, office software and email.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record required or other acceptable method of transportation.
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
To review the job announcement and apply, please visit the following link:
Cyndi Phipps-Roman 503-945-6377