Post Date: 01/29/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
Program Manager II
This position is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. This position requires the flexibility to work later hours based on the program needs. The location is in NW Portland, near downtown, alphabet district.
The Program Manager II is responsible for overseeing and maintaining day to day operations of the supportive housing programs. The role of the program manager is to direct both QMHP and QMHA staff in providing treatment for residents living within the supportive housing facilities, oversee facilities operations, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Program Manager understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position has a leadership role in inter-agency program development and oversight. The Program Manager II explores, evaluates and cultivates program and staff development using research based, best practices or evidence-based models of care in specialized residential services settings. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately transitioning to a less restrictive setting.
- The incumbent must possess a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. This position must demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA), as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005.
- QMHP is preferred: A Master's Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005.
- Two to four years of experience providing supervision is preferred. Professional experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness is also preferred.
- Understand recovery model, harm reduction model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery, evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies.
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter data and retrieve data
- Prepare reports
- Possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Able to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the links below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org