Post Date: 07/02/2019
Close Date: 07/12/2019
Position Profile: Custodian
$13.00 per hour
Special Project, Full-Time scheduled to work July 2019 – September 2019
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking applications for the Custodian position, who will provide custodial and support services for all OMSI facilities, activities, and events. This is a temporary position expecting to run from July 2019 through September 2019.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to serve diverse audiences and achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
• Provide general custodial service as assigned or needed utilizing best practice for safety, efficiency, and environmental concerns.
• Support the set up and teardown of OMSI events.
• Clean and stock lavatories, including toilets and sinks, mirrors, walls and dispensers to ensure proper sanitary conditions and good appearance.
• Empty and clean wastebaskets and dispose of waste.
• Sweep, vacuum and mop floors, carpets and walkways. Extracts carpets as assigned.
• Wash windows and glass throughout the facility to assure good appearance and visibility.
What you’ll need:
• Knowledge of proper methods, techniques, materials, disinfectants, tools and equipment used in modern custodial work.
• Interpersonal skills using patience, tact, and courtesy.
• Ability to operate and maintain custodial equipment.
• Safety best practices and work methods.
• Requires a 5-day work week, such as working 8 AM – 4:30 PM, 3 PM – 11:30 PM, 10 PM – 6:30 AM or a similar 8-hour shift, including weekends and holidays.
• Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate events and activities.
• Minimum 6 months of custodial / housekeeping experience.
• Minimum 6 months of customer service experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits
• Eligible for Oregon Sick pay.
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/353025.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes July 12, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/353025.html