Post Date: 02/21/2019
Close Date: 03/22/2019
Among the woodlands, wetlands and wildlife of the hills of Southwest Portland lies the unique educational experience that is Oregon Episcopal School. The school occupies a 59 acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, a college preparatory curriculum, and a strong sense of community. OES Welcomes those who wish to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
Oregon Episcopal School is seeking responsible, conscientious custodians to clean and maintain campus buildings as assigned. The custodian will follow established procedures and safety protocols and work as an integral part of the facilities team to support the mission, vision, and identity of OES (https://www.oes.edu/aboutoes/mission-vision-identity). Regular schedule is Monday through Friday, 3:30 P.M. to midnight. However, the schedule for this position may be adjusted on either a temporary or permanent basis to fill the weekend custodian role or to meet additional custodial needs around campus. This is a full-time, year round position that comes with full benefits.
• Clean assigned areas of the school daily to set standards using established procedures.
• Provide event set-up support as assigned.
• Perform other custodial duties as needed.
• Be particularly aware of personal safety, and the safety of other employees, students and guests in the performance of custodial tasks. Follow prescribed procedures when handling chemicals.
• Be aware of plant maintenance needs throughout the campus, and complete work orders when repairs are necessary.
• Keep assigned custodial closets clean and tidy.
• Communicate any concerns or problems promptly to the custodial supervisor. Make recommendations in all areas of job responsibility.
• Drive motorized vehicle to transport materials around the campus.
• High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and training
• Oregon driver’s license
• Ability to use custodial hand tools, automatic scrubbers, carpet extractors, buffers, and other custodial equipment
• English language sufficient to communicate with coworkers and work as part of a team
• Basic computer skills, ability to use email and basic applications, including digital time card
• Intercultural competence, ability to interact appropriately with persons of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to pass and criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Ability to spend the majority of each workday standing or walking
• Ability to Lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis and 90 pounds, with assistance, on an occasional basis
• Ability to climb ladders to a height of 20', and work on powered lifts to a height of 30 feet
COMPENSATION: Starting wage is $15.15 per hour plus full benefits including 95% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan with generous employer match, and one free meal per day. To learn more about OES benefits visit www.oes.edu/employees.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should complete the OES Employment Application available here https://fs18.formsite.com/OES_Form/2z9dblq12g/index.html%20. Open until filled.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers