Post Date: 10/31/2019
Close Date: 11/29/2019
Deadline to apply: Continuous
Salary: $28.60 - $36.05 hourly
This recruitment will remain open until filled. The first round of screening will begin on Nov. 13, 2019. Initial pay rate will be set based on experience and other relevant factors.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a journey-level tradesperson to work with a wide range of HVAC and refrigeration systems at one of Oregon's most popular attractions. As an HVAC Technician at the Oregon Zoo, you'll gain experience maintaining and repairing a diverse collection of HVAC and refrigeration systems while supporting groundbreaking wildlife research and conservation activities.
This position will work a regular schedule, with minimal overtime required (and overtime pay when it is). In addition, Metro offers a generous benefits package, including vacation and sick pay; retirement savings; health, dental and vision coverage; paid parental leave and more.
In this position, you will perform, design and coordinate the Oregon Zoo's technical maintenance functions and repairs for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); refrigeration and potable water filtration; and other complex, technical equipment. You will be responsible for developing and overseeing the zoo's overall technical HVAC/R support systems, equipment, purchasing, contractor, emergency service, records, shop and safety. Responsibilities include installation, alteration, preventive maintenance and quality assurance, as well as working with curators and animal keepers, contractors and other maintenance staff.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in HVAC systems design, maintenance, repair, installation, operations and project management; OR any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
• Requires a valid driver's license with at least two years of driving history and a clean driving record.
• Requires a complete background check and driving records check.
• Medical testing and/or immunizations may be required as the duties of this position may require close contact with animal areas and enclosures where animals may be present.
• Possession of the Universal Refrigerants License
• LEB certification
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs