Post Date: 09/30/2019
Close Date: 10/11/2019
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is to provide advisory, analytical and administrative professional services in support of such functions as human resources, finance, risk management, engineering and water. Incumbents, as assigned, may be responsible for participating in formulating, implementing, and administering special department projects, such as preparation of annual reports, strategic plans, performing records research and management, and developing and coordinating quality management programs.
Examples of Essential Work
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Plans, coordinates, facilitates, implements and provides professional services and support of assigned programs and/or functions.
• Serves as a liaison to internal and/or external customers and stakeholders providing information, program/service support and/or clarification of policies, processes, regulations and other related program information.
• Develops and prepares marketing materials, newsletters, brochures and/or other program/service-related support information.
• Gathers, reviews and monitors data and information; analyzes data; identifies and reports trends. Provides recommendations in support of assigned area.
• Prepares reports, presentations, training materials, and/or relevant program documents; reviews and maintains files, databases, website information and/or other documentation in accordance with records retention requirements and procedures.
• Provides professional support and assists with special projects and initiatives. Provides training and assistance in interpreting policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Acceptable Experience and Training
Associate's degree in Education, Public Administration, Human Resources, or closely related field, Bachelor's Degree preferred; and 5 or more years' experience in successfully leading, developing and implementing youth-based programs in a medium sized multidisciplinary organization, including 2 years', or any combination of education and experience that gives the applicants the skills/knowledge and abilities to successfully perform the job.
Valid Driver's License and safe driving record;
Bilingual, Spanish/English, preferred.
• Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
• Positive and effective customer service principles;
• Mathematical concepts;
• Research methods;
• Database and records management principles;
• Budgeting principles;
• Modern office equipment.
• Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards;
• Prioritizing and meeting deadlines;
• Coordinating projects;
• Performing mathematical calculations;
• Researching and analyzing data and information;
• Planning, coordinating, implementing and facilitating programs and/or services;
• Providing positive and effective customer service;
• Maintaining records;
• Preparing reports and technical documents;
• Handling and maintaining confidential information;
• Providing training and policy interpretation;
• Preparing and monitoring budget;
• Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications;
• Promoting a culture of teamwork and communication by working in collaboration and treating coworkers with respect and dignity and maintaining an open mind to diverse voices and ideas.
CITY OF HILLSBORO'S CORE VALUES:
Employees at the City of Hillsboro are expected to exemplify the behaviors set forth in our Core Values as follows:
• Excellence in Public Service
• Respect for Diverse Voices and Ideas
• Responsiveness in Customer Service
• Tradition of Reliability
• Stewardship of the Public Trust
• Leadership with Ethics and Integrity
• Culture of Teamwork and Communication
• Emphasis on Innovation
Employees are also expected to promote a positive work environment and to be effective and collaborative team members, while providing responsive municipal services to the citizens of the City of Hillsboro.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to travel.