Post Date: 05/13/2019
Close Date: 05/23/2019
Job Title: Asset Management Coordinator
Reports to: Asset Management Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $40,211 - $47,750 annually, depending on experience
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical and dental, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance and paid leave
Want to help make a difference? Human Solutions counters the forces that keep people and communities in poverty by building relationships and assets that create opportunity - today and for future generations.
We partner with people and communities impacted by poverty so they can achieve long-term housing and economic security. We invest in affordable housing and community assets that contribute to strong, inclusive neighborhoods. We advocate with our community for policies and investments that expand housing and economic opportunity, eliminate wealth inequality and end poverty.
East Portland/East Multnomah County, Oregon is our home and the heart of our investments, advocacy and programs.
Human Solutions envisions vibrant, healthy neighborhoods where all people can share in the security, hopes and advantages of a thriving, supportive community.
Human Solutions operates as a nimble, financially strong organization driven by our passion, strategic goals and guiding principles.
Diversity, inclusion and equity are fundamental values for Human Solutions, both internally and externally. HSI has an Anti-Oppression Diversity Committee, which serves as a sounding board for new internal policies and procedures to make sure that we’re taking into account diversity and inclusion. It also helps with diversity-related projects, such as coordinating staff diversity trainings and providing ongoing input into our equity work.
Human Solutions is working to end homelessness and poverty in our community because everyone deserves a safe place to call home.
What Human Solutions Can Offer You: We offer a comprehensive array of benefits in support of your physical, emotional and financial well-being. A few highlights:
• Employer paid premiums for employee health insurance.
• Generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays, a floating birthday holiday and the ability to maintain a great work/life balance.
• Employer paid premiums for short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
• Access to an employee assistance program.
• Flexible spending accounts for health and for dependent care.
• Professional development opportunities, including employee driven committees and monthly optional staff workshops.
• Access to wellness initiatives and resources including things such as walking groups, yoga classes at two office locations and workshops on stress management, self-care and healthy living.
• Opportunity to contribute to a 401k retirement plan with a 2% employer match after three months of employment.
The Asset Management Coordinator supports the operational objectives of Human Solutions’ real estate portfolio. The Asset Management Coordinator reports directly to the Asset Management Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Assist with monitoring and maintaining the fiscal, physical, and regulatory compliance of Human Solutions’ affordable housing portfolio:
1. Review monthly financial and management reports to monitor projects’ performance against budget and provide Asset Management Director regular updates.
2. Complete assigned financial performance tracking as assigned by the Asset Management Director
3. Complete assigned physical condition tracking as assigned by the Asset Management Director
4. Complete physical asset reviews and inspections
5. Monitor occupancy levels and leasing patterns and provide status reports to Asset Management Director
6. Track capital improvement, property rehabilitations and unit turns
• Assist in the preparation of periodic reports to lenders, investors, public funding agencies and the Board of Directors.
• Investigate and implement water/ energy conservation opportunities at Human Solutions properties.
• Other Asset Management duties as assigned by the Asset Management Director.
• Attend Board meetings and other Committee meetings as requested.
• Attend evening meetings as requested.
• Participate in various working groups dedicated to industry, local and national policy or community development in accordance with HSI’s mission and housing objectives.
Responsibilities of this position include incidental supervision of others, primarily through contracts: the Asset Management Coordinator is a contact for oversight of property management agent(s), professional services consultants and construction personnel. This position may provide work assignments to interns at Human Solutions as well as the Department Assistant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
• Two years’ experience in multifamily real estate development, management with background in affordable housing, or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of real estate and affordable housing programs such as LIHTC, OAHTC, HOME, HUD Section 8 preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret financial statements, annual budgets, operating expenses and balance sheets.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and use spreadsheets to analyze and prepare financial reports and perform project management tasks.
• Demonstrated awareness of housing as a social issue.
• Background in overseeing small to mid-sized construction projects preferred.
• Ability to:
• effectively manage and oversee work from third party consultants
• work independently and cooperatively; demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and flexibility in a variety of situations
• communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• organize multiple complex tasks and schedules
• Advanced skill levels in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, technical procedures, real estate financing documents and contracts, and governmental regulations.
Ability to prepare and analyze figures and amounts such as project operating budgets, balance sheets, construction bids or proposals, affordable rents and income percentages. Strong attention to detail required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Oregon Driver’s License and current automobile insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to visit properties or construction sites where accessible routes cannot be assured. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three professional references to: Holly Vander Schaaf, Asset Management Director, via email to email@example.com. Please no phone calls. Application review will begin immediately, with the position closing on May 23rd.
Complete details: http://humansolutions.org/about-us/work-with-us/