Post Date: 06/24/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
PORTLAND GENERAL ELECTRIC
Data Center Operations Specialist
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-1413.
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love. PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Data Center Operations Specialist (R-19-1413)
In this role, you will develop and operate standards for rack, stack, and install datacenter equipment. Manage and maintain asset inventory for all equipment within the datacenter and other data rooms (MDF/IDF). Troubleshoot, repair, and RMA failed datacenter hardware. Install copper and fiber cabling, remove hardware and prepare for recycling or destruction according to policy. Maintain facility, power, and HVAC vendor contracts and relationship.
You will support our journey with the following knowledge:
• Advanced knowledge of data center environment, including power, cooling, rack/stack/cabling and fire suppression – TIA-942 standards.
• Intermediate knowledge and experience supporting operating systems with a specific discipline (UNIX or Windows).
• Intermediate knowledge of communication protocols.
• Intermediate knowledge of network and security functions.
• Working understanding of ITIL or other service operations framework.
• Working knowledge of client-side scripting skills.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in an IT discipline or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Five or more years of progressive IT operations experience focusing on systems or networking support in an enterprise and/or data center environment.
• Three or more years of progressive Datacenter operations experience focusing on design, construction, and optimization.
• Preferred experience with facility management, monitoring and alerting platforms (DCIM or BMS).
• Preferred experience managing large scale datacenter migrations and deployments.
• Preferred Certified Data Centre Technician Professional CDCTP.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-1413. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL JOB POSTING