Post Date: 01/06/2020
Close Date: 01/19/2020
Do you want to utilize your administrative skills, communication skills, and clerical support knowledge to help the community members of Washington County? Does being a public servant speak to your values? If so, Come Lead with Us! We are currently seeking to attract a qualified group of candidates who represent the rich diversity we have in our communities for career opportunities that will open during the next six months.
Our Administrative Specialist II (AS II) team members are responsible for providing a variety of administrative, clerical and project-related support using independent judgment in content and style and have considerable public contact in explaining policies and procedures. These positions provide support that requires the ability to learn the procedures and operating details of the applicable work unit. Incumbents prepare correspondence and other documents using Microsoft Office Suite software or equivalent, perform data entry in a wide variety of databases, and process documents using considerable responsible judgment. Please visit our homepage to explore the different departments and offices within Washington County.
The majority of AS II positions have a schedule of Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–5:00 pm. However, we also have part time and temporary vacancies available during those hours.
Washington County offers their employees a collaborative culture, work-life balance, and a comprehensive benefits package. Working within Washington County provides daily opportunities to serve and build communities now and into the future. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Duties may include:
- Provides information to the public or other employees by phone or in person to ensure compliance and understanding of the agency rules, regulations, or functions; listens to questions and either explains procedures according to agency guidelines or refers clients to another appropriate source.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files and recordkeeping systems requiring employee to sort, file, retrieve, and distribute records or other documents.
- Processes, edits, and proofreads forms, memos, reports, text, and correspondence for managers or supervisors from rough draft, notes, handwritten copy, or recording equipment.
- Copies, compares, or compiles data to produce reports for managers or supervisors by checking data, making necessary corrections and producing data in final form.
- Operates a variety of office equipment including computer; inputs and retrieves data and text; organizes and maintain disk storage and filing.
- Processes and prepares a variety of documents according to established procedures or statutes.
- Maintains a variety of files and records such as payroll, budget, production, and cost information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; AND
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience providing administrative or clerical support.
- Possession of Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or other applicable certifications may substitute for up to one (1) year of the experience requirement.
Additional Specialty Requirements:
Some positions may be required to possess of a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record per Washington County policy. To review the Driver's License and Record Policy for Washington County and instructions for submitting appropriate DMV documentation, please use this link: https://www.co.washington.or.us/Support_Services/administrative-policies.cfm.
To review the complete classification and list of knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position, please use this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowashingtonor/classspecs/104271.
Please be advised that some positions may be required to pass a criminal background check.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position