Post Date: 04/03/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Management Administrator to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Data Management Administrator for the Office of Information Services (OIS), you will be responsible for managing ongoing operations and support for the OR-Kids data services, data quality, data integration, data modeling, and data standards. You will mentor and support the application development staff in their various roles and responsibilities.
OR-Kids is the State of Oregon’s legacy child welfare information system which was originally implemented as a large one-size-fits-all federal framework meant to help case workers manage their caseloads and comply with federal reporting requirements. Oregon will be transitioning OR-Kids into a new federal framework known as CCWIS (Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System) that considers new child welfare practices and technologies. CCWIS will provide Oregon the opportunity to redesign the life cycle of child welfare and ultimately improve outcomes for children and families through better data interoperability, modularity, and data quality.
In this role, you will evaluate applications for technology upgrades, and develop strategies for technology integration. You will support and develop processes and tools related to data services such as reporting, testing, configuration management and data structure design.
Additionally, you will build relationships and facilitate effective discussions with employees at all levels of the organization.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Data Management Administrator, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Data Management Administration. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Data Management Administration. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Data Management Administration. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Data Management Administration. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Experience in data modeling, database design and data management.
• Experience working with bi-directional data exchanges.
• Experience with relational database management systems.
• Experience in SQL performance tuning.
• Experience in data quality improvement.
• Experience in enterprise system design and development.
• Knowledge of systems architecture.
• Strong working knowledge of methods and procedures for designing, developing, monitoring and maintaining databases.
• Experience using automation products that support a variety of data management environments.
• Knowledge of Java technologies, tools and software development practices.
• Skills in software configuration management, automated testing, automated build, and continued integration.
• Experience developing data management processes and procedures.
• Experience developing agreements and contracts.
• Ability to determine effective design of data structures, software applications and equipment interfaces.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.