Post Date: 01/28/2020
Close Date: 02/28/2020
This is a temporary, non-benefitted, position for approximately 6 months with a possibility of an extension.
The temporary Benefits Consultant is responsible for administration of the active employee benefit programs, retiree benefit programs, ensuring plans are administered according to ERISA guidelines. Partners with all stakeholders involved with the employee benefit programs.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• Serves as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact and resource for current/former employees and retirees for all questions and requests for assistance regarding their current or prior benefits. Counsels on benefits and facilitates a wide-range of benefit actions including but not limited to: enrollment, life changes, and death claims. May provide support to between 1200 – 2000 active employees and all former employees.
• Educates eligible employees on their retiree health and welfare benefits, coordinates enrollment process and facilitates transition to retiree benefits. Serves as first point of contact for all retiree benefit questions.
• Serves as primary resource to educate all current and former employees eligible for the Cambia DC and DB retirement benefit (401(k) and pension).
• The temporary Benefits Consultant would have a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and 5 years of experience in human resources, employee health and welfare plans, workers’ compensation, retirement and 401(k) planning or equivalent combination of education and experience. CEBS preferred.
• Demonstrated competency across the full spectrum of benefits plans to include: health & welfare plans, retirement plans, voluntary benefits, spending accounts, and state/federal laws and regulations related to employee benefits.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively cope with change. Can shift gears comfortably and make decisions and act with limited information using sound judgement with limited direction.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with diverse audiences. Ability to maintain professionalism and mitigate volatile situations when dealing with employees and retirees. Develop and maintain effective relationships.
• Effective communication skills, conveying verbally and in writing, complex benefits concepts to various customers.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task with accuracy and efficiency using excellent time-management skills.
• Computer proficiency skills including HRIS, Radar (or similar research and imaging tool), Remedy (or similar tracking, history log and notification tool) and Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position