Post Date: 01/22/2019
Close Date: 02/22/2019
Development Administrative Assistant
1 position available
Do you enjoy making new contacts in the community? Assisting in creating and supporting fundraising events? Have a zeal for helping to create opportunities to deliver informal science education to the public? If so we want to hear from you! The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is currently seeking a Development Administrative Assistant. The Development Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Vice President of Development, provides support to the development team related to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate donors, including administrative activities. The position will assist with events, including Gala, and Appeal communication activities to reach new donors, upgrade and renew existing individual donors and steward their continued and increased giving. You’ll also be part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Manage acknowledgement process for individual and corporate gifts and the fulfillment of museum benefits.
• Assist with implementation of fundraising communications, including: invitations, solicitations, commitment forms, invoices, collateral, emails, phone calls and hand written notes. Support annual fund fundraising activities including fully segmented direct mail, e-appeals, and online giving for donors, OMSI members, volunteers, and staff.
• Assist the Development team in designing, planning, and implementing donor cultivation and stewardship events.
• Support and process ongoing and continuous entering, tracking and reporting of donor activity in the database
• Write and prepare correspondence, file documents, handle incoming and outgoing mail and telephone service, manage and prioritize flow of information/paperwork.
What you’ll need:
• Strong customer service skills.
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
• Ability to work under pressure with flexibility.
• Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum 2 years of coordination and project management skills.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with the public, formal and informal settings.
• Working knowledge of how to coordinate and implement all donor relations and stewardship activities.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in administrative support at the administrative level.
• Minimum 1 year of formal experience in individual and corporate giving.
• Pass all pre-employment checks such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Hourly rate between $16.20 - $18.32, depending on experience.
• Competitive Benefit package.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/305580.html to apply! Position closes February 22, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/305580.html