Post Date: 05/11/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
LifeWorks NW's Kendall House is a level three Older Adult Foster Home for seniors with mental and physical disabilities.
This Adult Foster Home Manager/Caregiver position is responsible for the daily operation of the Kendall House. Position supports program to meet county licensing requirements.
This house is located in the NW Portland area. Must be able to live in the home a minimum of five (5) 24-hour days. Is able to live in the home full-time/up to seven (7) days per week. Functions as a primary caregiver.
Pay/Benefits: Salary depends on experience. Includes utilities plus room and board. Full benefits.
- Requires minimum three full-time years of previous work experience providing direct care to adults who are older or have physical disabilities.
- Must have had experience with four or more of these activities of daily living (ADL's): bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, eating, etc. Would need two medical professionals who can speak to your ability to provide care.
- Preferred Qualifications: QMHA certified through the state of Oregon and/or CNA certified.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Requires access to car, valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and verification of safe driving record.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system. Ability to use general office equipment including fax machine and scanner.
- Requires ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Must possess physical health, mental health, good judgment, and good personal character, including truthfulness.
- Must have an approved DHS background check and maintain that approval as required.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position