Post Date: 01/31/2019
Close Date: 02/13/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 13, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Senior Safety Specialist (R1-19-0282)
As a Senior Safety Specialist on the Customer Service Transformation and Design Safety team, you’ll design, develop, implement and oversee the organization’s safety programs to safeguard employees and the public and to ensure compliance with laws, standards and regulations.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Reporting and Analysis - Conducts routine and complex investigations. Develops and runs reports. Analyzes trends and prepares presentations and communications. Coordinates follow up on action items related to reports and investigations.
• Interacts with employees in various settings including safety meetings, crew meetings in the field, and individual basis.
• Program Management - Develops and administers safety programs, guidelines and initiatives to meet business objectives and comply with all relevant state and/or federal laws and regulations. Integrates industry best practices into existing programs.
• Consultation/ Education - Serves as a subject matter expert to managers and employees. Analyzes business needs and develops and implements innovative solutions to safety-related business problems. In collaboration with other departments, designs and delivers educational programs to managers, employees and/or community organizations on employee and public safety.
• Compliance - May respond to requests for information from regulators. Ensures programs, policies, and procedures comply with applicable safety regulations. Analyzes changes in regulations and recommends and implements appropriate action.
• Knowledge of safety regulations.
• Knowledge of industry best practices in safety.
• Skills in project management.
• Skills in writing reports.
• Skills in systems and programs used in functional area, including data retrieval.
The successful candidate will typically have five or more years in professional safety and/or in electric generation, transmission and distribution operations. Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Construction Safety & Health Technician (CHST), Occupational Health & Safety Technologist (OHST), Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP), Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) preferred. Journeyman card or equivalent trade preferred.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R1-19-0282. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING