Post Date: 06/17/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Systems Analyst, you will analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement and coordinate projects and activities that support operations, maintenance, installation and construction of information systems. Your duties will primarily include business analysis and research, problem solving and system administration.
In this role, you will provide technical expertise for staff on new system developments, modifications and updates. You will make technical recommendations to assist with management decisions and will be responsible for life-cycle planning and schedules.
Additionally, you will be assigned work in terms of program and project objectives, priorities and timelines and will consult with supervisors and team leads to resolve policy questions and problems in coordinating cross-functional activities. Your work will be subject to technical and administrative control with reviews based on program and project accomplishments and adherence to policies, directives and desired results. You will be part of a team that supports mostly Public Health applications.
Your additional responsibilities will include supporting the Oregon Health Authority’s Public Health division by administering mission critical commercial off the shelf applications (COTS); designing, coding and deploying ETL jobs; working with other technical staff to establish and document step by step procedures; developing and scripting automated software tests; executing software releases; writing reports using SQL and agency approved reporting software; and physically working with customers to fulfil requests and resolve system incidents in-person and remotely.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Systems Analyst, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Five (5) years of information systems experience in configuring commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products on Windows Servers. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in configuring commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products on Windows Servers. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in configuring commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products on Windows Servers. OR (d) A Master’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Experience configuring commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products and adding customized modules to extend the functionality of COTS products.
• Strong working knowledge of database manipulation, ETL and business intelligence reporting.
• Strong working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling, manipulation and reporting tools such as SSIS, SSRS, Tableau and Power BI.
• Ability to learn, understand and use the agreed to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to resolve technical issues in-person and over the phone.
• Experience maintaining applications in at least one modern programming language.
• Experience with performance monitoring and tuning techniques.
• Skill in testing, troubleshooting and technical problem solving.
• Knowledge of software development technology stacks such as IIS, JIRA, SVN, GIT, SQL Server.
• Extensive knowledge in the following areas:
o Systems components, capabilities and interrelationships of infrastructure and applications.
o Data collection techniques, feasibility study methods and cost/benefit analysis procedures.
o Project planning and coordination.
o Business analysis and research.
o Information systems analysis, design and data management concepts.
o Information systems operating software and operating system language.
o Hardware configuration.
o Systems architecture.
• Experience maintaining applications in at least one modern programming language related to .NET technologies.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Multi-tasking abilities and willingness take on multiple competing priorities.
• Willingness to participate in continuing skills training and education programs as needed.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.