Post Date: 03/03/2020
Close Date: 05/04/2020
Contracts Administrator – Internal Services
The Contract Administrator will coordinate all contracts for Clark County across multiple agencies. This position will develop and revise contracting policies and procedures, train staff on those policies and procedures as necessary, and ensure that Department contracting staff maintain compliance. This position will develop and maintain, with the help of department contracting staff, a comprehensive database of County contracts. While the day-to-day management of most specific contracts will be the responsibility of department contract staff, some contracts will be directly managed by the Contract Administrator. The Contract Administrator will also be the County's single point of contact for real estate leases and act as the County’s tenant liaison.
This recruitment will be open until filled. A first review of applications will be March 17. This posting may close at any time after March 17 without additional notice.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration, public administration or a related field and 3 to 5 years of experience in contract administration, including, but not limited to, contract development, negotiation, and day-to-day management. Experience with contract management in a public sector environment is preferred. In addition, the ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years of experience with commercial real estate leasing and management, including, but not limited to, negotiation, rate setting and industry best practices. Public sector experience is preferred.
• Contract administration including, but not limited to, development, negotiations, budget, amendments, etc.
• Commercial leasing, both tenant and landlord; real estate industry best practices.
• Development and evaluation of policies and procedures.
• Quality control, internal audit, etc.
• Work with diverse stakeholders to develop and implement policies and procedures
• Effectively plan long-term while managing day-to-day activities
• Write, interpret and explain policies, procedures, contracts, amendments, reports and other applicable documents in a clear and consistent manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Utilize and analyze various PC applications.
• Successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clark County is committed to increasing the ethnic, cultural and social diversity of its workforce and ensuring that diversity is a key priority of our organization. We are committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Clark County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is available at http://www.clark.wa.gov/human-resources/documents
If you are in need of ADA/Section 504 assistance for accommodations, please contact Human Resources at (360) 397-2456; Relay (800) 833-6388.
Salary Grade: M2.827 ($6,543.00 - $9,244.00) per month
Close Date: Open Until Filled