Post Date: 12/16/2019
Close Date: 01/20/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for Two (2) Project Managers with IT experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As an IT Project Manager, you will support one or more projects within the Office of Information Services (OIS) Project Solutions Team by managing small to medium projects or by functioning as a deputy project manager for highly complex enterprise scale initiatives.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of technology solutions through facilitation and coordination with stakeholders, project staff, other OIS staff, and contractors to define project activities, solve problems, redefine project scope, and sequence project activities.
Additionally, you will lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
There are two permanent full-time positions within Project Solutions.
One position will be responsible for supporting the planning and executing the modular projects to upgrade and modernize the State’s Medicare and Medicaid Information Systems (MMIS).
The second position will work with the OIS Strategy and Digital Transformation team focusing implementing a Master Data Management Plan and other strategic initiatives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience related to Project Management. OR Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience related to Project Management AND an Oregon Project Associate Certification. OR Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience related to Project Management AND a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field. OR A Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
• MMIS Modularity IT Project Manager:
• Experience with Medicare and Medicaid Information Systems (MMIS).
• Experience with modularity modernization of MMIS.
• Experience managing enterprise-level projects.
• Strategic Transformation IT Project Manager:
• Experience with Business Analysis, requirement gathering, mapping current/future states and processes flows.
• Experience with Master Data Management Projects.
• Experience managing major technology projects, following PMI/PMBOK standards.
• Project management experience that included full responsibility for outcomes of major solutions and components.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project with an ability to create and manage fully loaded project schedules.
• Experience Managing projects throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience in project management practices and an ability to create foundational project artifacts.
• Experience in all portions of Federal and State compliance reporting.
• Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating meetings and conversations and articulate expected outcomes, issues and risks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in the following areas:
o Reviewing project deliverables
o Verifying completion of project artifacts
o Reporting project status to stakeholders
o Conducting stakeholder management.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.