Post Date: 03/05/2019
Close Date: 04/01/2019
Home Forward's mission is to assure that the people of the community are sheltered. Home Forward promotes, operates and develops affordable housing that engenders stability, self-sufficiency, self-respect and pride in its residents and represents a long-term community asset. Home Forward is a community leader in creating public commitment, policy and funding to preserve and develop affordable housing.
To learn more about Home Forward, please visit our website at http://homeforward.org/.
The Assistant Property Manager supports Home Forward's strategic and operational objectives in the following way:
Coordinate and perform property management duties designed to ensure maximum occupancy, successful residency, program compliance, and resident self-sufficiency.
Duties are performed under the direction of property manager, during regularly scheduled hours, and include property, administrative, and office duties such as interim and annual reviews, income calculations and verifications, tenant notifications, leasing and pre-screening, move-in and move-out processing, front desk and ongoing tenant communications, meetings, data entry, file creation, and ongoing database updates.
In this context, the incumbent in this position will collaborate with others at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders in the consideration of significant goals, concepts, initiatives, and other activities that profoundly affect Home Forward, its employees, and the people that it serves.
This opening will be stationed at our Madrona Place Apartments, located in East County at:
17810 E Burnside Street, Portland, OR 97233
This position is represented by AFSCME Local 3135 and will close once we receive a satisfactory number of applications. For best consideration, please apply early!
Fluent Spanish speaking ability required. A 5% bilingual premium is added to the wage for all bilingual required positions.
Education & Experience Guidelines: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Education: Equivalent to bachelors OR associate OR post high school trade OR specialty studies. Alternative education and experience qualifications welcome.
- Experience: Three years property management, multi-tasking, and customer service experience with social service familiarity. Alternative education and experience qualifications welcome.
- License or Certificate: ARM certification preferred.
- Language: Bilingual Spanish speaking ability.
In addition to competitive wages, some of the many benefits Home Forward employees enjoy include:
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
- Participation in Home Forward's 457 Deferred Compensation plan
- Flexible spending benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Public transit discounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- The option of two health insurance plans
- Vision and dental insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and sick leave time
To review the full job description and to apply, please visit our website. This position will be open until a satisfactory number of qualified applications are received. For best consideration, apply early!
Complete details: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hapdx/jobs/2355928/assistant-property-manager-bilingual-spanish-madrona?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs