Post Date: 08/26/2019
Close Date: 09/13/2019
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Renewable Energy group is responsible for renewable, distributed generation from and for customers of Pacific Power and Portland General Electric. The group supports customer-site and small-scale, grid-connected projects through studies, technical assistance, opportunity identification and financial incentives.
The Solar Intern provides administrative assistance to the Solar program as part of Energy Trust’s Renewable Energy group, in support of the standard solar incentive program. Primary duties include processing incentive applications and payments, implementing effective and efficient delivery processes, and supporting program customer service efforts. This position will appeal to recent graduates with a desire to work in the renewable energy field, and is a great opportunity to gain experience and make contacts within the solar energy industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct reviews and audits of project records and queue incentive payments.
• Provide administrative support to Renewables staff, including to but not limited to: data entry, organization of electronic files, assistance with events and note-taking.
• Support Program Coordinator with customer service efforts, assiting contractors and customers with project updates and inquiries.
• As necessary and depending on applicant’s interest and skillset, perform additional research or special project work on program initiatives.
• Perform all duties of the job in a safe manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
• Undergraduate degree in relevant field preferred (engineering, natural or social science) or equivalent experience.
• Office administrative and/or customer service experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong research, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Basic understanding of grid-tied solar electric technologies.
• Highly self motivated and accustomed to working independently in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Microsoft Excel)
• Ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• This is a temporary position and is expected to continue for 6-9 months duration (not to exceed 1000 hours).
• Desired in office schedule is a minimum of 35-40 hours per week.
• This position is not eligible for company benefits.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Intern – Solar
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. www.energytrust.org/about/careers/
Complete details: https://www.energytrust.org/about/careers/