Post Date: 08/06/2019
Close Date: 08/19/2019
Applications for this position will be accepted, online, until 50 applications have been received, but will close no later than 11:59 pm, on Monday, August 19, 2019. Applications received after the 50-application limit has been reached will not be included in this recruitment process.
The City of Portland, Office of Community Technology (OCT), is seeking a Franchise and Utility Program Account Coordinator I to join their team.
The Franchise and Utility Program of OCT ensures the city and its residents are fairly compensated for the private use of the public rights-of-way (ROW) through franchise agreements it negotiates and administers. The program also manages and administers the City's Utility License Law. On average, the program collects $84 million annually for the city's general fund. OCT also works with the Office for Governmental Relations and other city advocate groups to defend the local government's authority and the public interest in the telecommunications and utility markets.
The account coordinator will be primarily responsible for the daily processing and data entry of report filings and invoices for the Utility License and Franchise program into SAP module, PSCD. The account coordinator and the account manager are responsible for approximately 300 accounts and over $84 million in general fund annually. The account coordinator will also be responsible for daily duties such as data entry, account management, and customer service. The position will also flag problems and issues for review or resolve as assigned by the account manager.
The position will provide support as needed to the Revenue Auditor assigned to utility franchises and licenses for tasks needed during the audit, during the administrative appeals process, or confirmation of on-going compliance with audit determinations once the audit is completed. The account coordinator will also provide other support to the program as directed.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Review payments and completed report forms for accuracy and completeness of information; communicating business partners to obtain missing information and documenting follow up until the issue is resolved; communicating issues with the Account Manager.
• Accurately enter reports and other information into SAP and PSCD (Public Sector Collections Disbursement module of SAP).
• Review automated correspondence for account problems and compliance and correct email bounce problems.
• Answer account inquiries in a timely from business partners by phone, e-mail, etc. in a courteous manner; follow up on and resolve related problems with guided supervision, and appropriately document solutions.
• Untangle and document complex account problem situations and communicate with team members and business partners to clear up such situations.
• Use a sophisticated customer information system to enter, modify, correct and generate information related to customer service, setting up business partner accounts, and recording of business partner transactions.
• Understand and be able to explain various policies and procedures, program services, codes, laws, ordinances and regulations, and how to assist business partners within those parameters.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
WHY JOIN THE CITY OF PORTLAND?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, basic life, short- and long-term disability coverage to eligible employees and their families. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Knowledge and experience with SAP or other similar accounting, business, or CRM (Customer Relation Manager) system.
2. Ability and experience in performing detailed and accurate data entry of financial and business partner information into SAP or other similar accounting, business, or CRM system.
3. Ability to research a business to determine accounting or other contact info, company name changes and relationship to related companies, lines of business or other necessary information.
4. Familiarity in using Adobe Acrobat DC, and skill in using basic Microsoft Office software, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
5. Ability to communicate and interact with internal and external customers, staff, and the public in a professional and courteous manner, both verbally and in writing. Ability to provide effective customer service.
6. Ability and experience in interpreting and explaining regulations, rates, codes and procedures, and assessing that information to make appropriate recommendations for action.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
An evaluation of each applicant's training and experience, as demonstrated in their resume and supplemental questions are weighted 100%. Do not attach materials not requested. Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an equally ranked eligible list. You have 14 days from the notice of the examination results to let us know if you disagree with your results. Please read the City of Portland Administrative Rule 3.01 for complete information. Additional evaluation may be required prior to establishment of the eligible list and/or final selection.
Recruitment Timeline: •Posting: 8/5/19 - 8/19/19
•Applications Reviewed: 8/20/19 - 8/22/19
•Eligible List: 8/23/19
•Selection Phase Begins: Tentatively 8/26/19
•Job Offer: Tentatively 9/16/19
*Timeline is approximate and subject to change.
Applicants must submit a professional resume online, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement in accordance with the following Application Instructions:
•Your resume and answers to the supplemental questions will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
•Your answers to the supplemental questions should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement.
•Your resume should support the details described in your answers to the supplemental questions.
•If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, as identified below, please describe in your answers any transferrable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the "To Qualify" section above.
All completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, attach a copy of your DD214 / DD215 and / or Veteran's Administration Letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veteran's Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment you apply for.
Veteran's Preference documentation must be submitted no later than the closing date and time of this recruitment
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at time of application.
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named below No Later Than the Closing Date of This Announcement.
Terrol Johnson, Senior Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer