Post Date: 01/04/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Responsible for the direction&continuous improvement of the Account Mgmt team, ensuring the achievement of financially sustainable membership growth, retention&revenue goals while providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Provide leadership, strategic direction&oversight of their respective market segment, including the development&execution of retention, marketing&growth strategies. This position also has responsibility for supporting the company's local presence&strategy by becoming involved w/ key organization, committees,&influences w/in the area of responsibility. Coach&develop the Account Mgmt team in developing&executing against defined metrics regarding account mgmt plans, in-group growth&retention,&monitoring of key business performance metrics to drive business results.
• Manages the efforts of direct&indirect reports,&collaborates w/, provides guidance to and influences employees, clients&matrix partners.
• Sets&prioritizes team objectives&contributes to individual dept's tactical execution of strategy.
• Plans&establishes a course of action for team or unit; establishes priorities to accomplish goals, allocate resources&track results.
• Responsible for selecting, developing,&deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
• Responsible for performance mgmt, compensation decisions, rewarding&recognizing employees,&providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
• Effectively leverages KP's Manager Coaching Program to support team development&excellence.
• Formulates moderately complex, effective strategies consistent w/ the business&competitive strategy of the organization&functional area. This may include analyses of competitive products&services, pricing support activities, advertising strategies, market size&potential, short&long term growth forecasts,&account mgmt&sales processes&techniques.
• Provides input, w/ regional&MSBD leaders, in the assessment, development&execution of business&market segment plans, including forecast&target setting activities.
• Anticipates business, marketplace&competitor dynamics&develop/implement strategies the ensure growth&mitigate adverse risks.
• Collaborates w/ Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise to measure&lower acquisition costs through the implementation of best practices&shared services.
• Responsible for leading efforts to maintain connectivity&resolve issues through regional infrastructures to focus on presenting "One Kaiser" to our customers.
• Implements strategies to improve regional performance, reduce regional variation,&aligns resources to successfully deliver on customer needs&expectations.
• Builds effective channel strategies&relationships, specifically w/ key consultants&brokers.
• Recommends changes in policies&procedures to achieve customer&KP goals.
• Collaborates on the development&execution of all strategic&tactical plans to achieve growth potential&optimal business partnership in each account.
• Develops&implements comprehensive account plans to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue&margin.
• Accountable for ensuring budget for dept/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
• Assists in the development, population,&maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data and information, including competitive data,LOB financials,&ad hoc reporting.
• Ensures a high level of service is provided to group customers&their brokers, agents&advisors.
• Ensures&provides required documentation that account mgmt activities&staff are operating as 10 compliant per state&internal regulatory guidelines.
• Continuously improves tools, technology,&processes to optimize effectiveness.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, or account management of which two (2) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity or two (2) years of demonstrated leadership experience.
• Minimum three (3) years of the above experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or account management.
License, Certification, Registration
• Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
• Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
• Strong analytical ability, with ability to design, track, and work toward specific measurable performance targets for self and team.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of health care industry and local markets for managed health care products.
• Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
• Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
• CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
• If National Accounts, all applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
• Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.